Last Updated on April 14, 2022.
If you are looking for inspiration to do what needs to be done even when you don’t feel like it, look no further than these self-discipline quotes. Print out your favorites and put them in a place that you can see every day. Use them for inspiration when you are getting lazy or feel like quitting.
Quotes For Self-Discipline
- “The undisciplined are slaves to moods, appetites, and passions.” – S. Covey
- “Discipline is choosing between what you want now, and what you want more.”
- “The road to character is built by confronting your own weaknesses.”
- “Stop wishing. Start doing.”
- “Self-Discipline is mastering your own thoughts. Without that, you can’t control your actions.”
- “Choose your pain: The pain of discipline or the pain of regret.”
- “By constant self-discipline and self-control, you can develop greatness of character.” – G. Kleiser
- “If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” – Bruce Lee
- “Never let your emotions overpower your intelligence.”
- “Discipline is the bridge from goals to accomplishments.”
You have to take action. I love the self-discipline quote that says as much. You can’t continue to daydream and wish things were the way you want them to be. Be disciplined and just make it happen.
- “All successes begin with self-discipline. It begins with you.” D. Johnson
- “Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines practiced every day.” – J. Rohn
- “The price of excellence is discipline. The cost of mediocrity is disappointment.” – William Arthur Ward
- “Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself.” – Abraham J. Heschel
- “Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret.”
- “Self-discipline is the magic power that makes success happen.”
- “Discipline is rarely enjoyable, but almost always profitable.” – Darrin Patrick
- “Discipline is your relationship with the time you have left.” – Barbara McNally
- “The successful among us delay gratification. The successful among us bargain with the future.” – Jordan Peterson
- “No man is free who cannot command himself.” -Pythagoras
A major theme that you will notice in these discipline quotes is that it is painful. Self-discipline is not easy but it always pays off.
Which of these self-discipline quotes speak to you the most? Let me know in the comments below.