Gratitude is a powerful tool that can help us maintain a positive outlook on life, even when faced with adversity. When we focus on what we are thankful for, we begin to see the good in each day, no matter how challenging it may be. By acknowledging the blessings in our lives, we become more grounded, appreciative, and joyful. To help foster a grateful heart, we have compiled a list of inspiring gratitude quotes.
These quotes can serve as a daily reminder to take a moment and reflect on all the positive things in our lives, no matter how big or small they may be. By cultivating a grateful mindset, we can better cope with the ups and downs of life and find happiness in even the most difficult of situations.
You May Also Like: Gratitude Journal Prompts for a Grateful Heart
Use The Following Gratitude Quotes To Develop Appreciation
- “I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Learn to be thankful for what you already have, while you pursue all that you want.” – Jim Rohn
- “It’s not where you are in life, it’s who you have by your side that matters.” – Unknown
- “Gratitude turns what we have into enough.” – Aesop
- “You’ve survived 100% of your worst days. You must be doing something right.” – Unknown
- “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “The more grateful I am, the more beauty I see.” – Mary Davis
- “Gratitude paints little smiley faces on everything it touches.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
- “Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for.” -Zig Ziglar
Being grateful does not mean you have to settle. Just like Jim Rohn mentioned in his gratitude quote, be grateful while you pursue what you want.
This means that we can cultivate a grateful mindset while actively pursuing our goals and ambitions. In fact, practicing gratitude can be a powerful tool to help us achieve more in life. When we are grateful for what we already have, we develop a positive mindset that allows us to see new opportunities and take on new challenges with a sense of optimism and enthusiasm.
- “Gratitude makes sense of our past, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melody Beattie
- “When you add gratitude to your daily routine, suddenly everything doesn’t seem so doom and gloom.” – Shane Paul Walker
- “The struggle ends when the gratitude begins.” – Neale Donald Walsch
- “A grateful heart is a magnet for miracles.” – Unknown
- “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breath, to think, to enjoy, to love. – Marcus Aurelius
- “Remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” – Epicurus
- “Be kind. Be thoughtful, Be genuine. But most of all, be thankful.” – Unknown
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
- “When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.” – Tony Robbins
- “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” – Wille Nelson
Gratitude is a powerful emotion that has the ability to transform our outlook on life. By focusing on the things we are thankful for, we can shift our attention away from the negative aspects of our lives and instead direct our energy towards the positives. As one of our favorite gratitude quotes suggests, “When you add gratitude to your daily routine, suddenly everything doesn’t seem so doom and gloom.”
This gratitude quote reminds us that practicing gratitude can help us maintain a sense of perspective, even during difficult times. When we take the time to reflect on the things we are grateful for, we begin to realize that there is always something to appreciate, no matter how bleak our situation may seem. By acknowledging the good in our lives, we can build resilience and find the strength to overcome adversity.
- “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” – Robert Brault
- “Start each day with a positive thought and a grateful heart.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other.” – Randy Pausch
- “When you look at life through the eyes of gratitude, the world becomes a magical and amazing place.” – Jennifer Gayle
- “It’s not happiness that brings us gratitude. It’s gratitude that brings us happiness.” – Unknown
- “The root of joy is gratefulness.” David Steindl-Rast
- “The real gift of gratitude is that the more grateful you are, the more present you become.” – Robert Holden
- “I always find beauty in things that are odd and imperfect – they are much more interesting.” – Marc Jacobs
- “Be present in all things and thankful for all things.” – Maya Angelou
- “Gratitude is the fairest blossom that springs from the soul.” – Henry Ward Beecher
Gratitude is not only a practice that benefits ourselves, but it can also have a positive impact on the people around us. When we express gratitude towards others, we make them feel seen and valued. We show them that their hard work and dedication have not gone unnoticed, and this can help to boost their confidence and self-worth.
In addition, expressing gratitude towards others can help to strengthen our relationships with them. This can be particularly important in personal relationships, where expressing gratitude can help to deepen emotional connections. Be sure to share these gratitude quotes with the people you care about most.
- “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” – William Arthur Ward
- “When you love what you have, you have everything you need.” – Unknown
- “If you only say one prayer in a day, make it THANK YOU.” – Rumi
- “My socks may not match, but my feet are always warm.” – Maureen Mccullough
- “He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those things which he has.” -Epictetus
- “Gratitude is a powerful catalyst for happiness. It’s the spark that lights a fire of joy in your soul.” – Amy Collette
- “Gratitude is the single most important ingredient to living a successful and fulfilled life.” – Jack Canfield
- “When we focus on our gratitude, the tide of disappointment goes out and the tide of love rushes in.” – Kristen Armstrong
- “Never let things you want make you forget the things you have.” – Unknown
- “Have kindness, empathy, and gratitude every single day.” – Jennifer Aniston
It’s easy to get caught up in the pursuit of our goals and desires and overlook the things we already have in our lives. As the quote says, “Never let things you want make you forget the things you have.”
This gratitude quote reminds us to be mindful and appreciative of what we already have, even as we work towards achieving our dreams. It’s important to take stock of the blessings and privileges we have in our lives and to be grateful for them. Doing so can help us maintain perspective and avoid becoming consumed by our ambitions and desires.
- “The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness.” – Dalai Lama
- “Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses.” – Alphonse Karr
- “The more you use gratitude every day, the greater the good you will bring into your life.” – Ronda Byrne
- “There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy.” – Ralph H. Blum
- “Developing an attitude of gratitude is one of the simplest ways to improve your satisfaction with life.” – Amy Morin
- “We should certainly count our blessings, but we should also make our blessings count.” – Neal A. Maxwell
- “If you cannot find gratitude, you’ll never find peace.” – Leticia Rae
- “I am grateful for the challenges, opportunities, and beauty of this day.” – Unknown
- “When you are grateful – when you can see what you have – you unlock blessings to flow in your life.” – Suze Orman
- “If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily.” – Gerald Good
- “It’s impossible to feel grateful and depressed in the same moment.” -Naomi Williams
- “The secret to having it all is knowing that you already do.” – Unknown
- “I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness – it’s right in front of me if I’m paying attention and practicing gratitude.” – Brene Brown
Taking a moment each day to practice gratitude can make a big difference in our outlook on life, even during tough times. It can help us stay positive and joyful and keep us grounded in what truly matters. Let these gratitude quotes serve as a reminder that even in our darkest moments, there is always something to be thankful for.