Last Updated on March 29, 2022.
Of all the people in the world that deserve your love and kindness, you deserve it most. You show so much compassion for others it’s time to show yourself some care. The following be kind to yourself quotes will inspire you to treat yourself with the love and respect that you deserve.
Be Kind To Yourself Quotes
- “You will never speak to anyone more than yourself in your head, be kind to yourself.”
- “Be kind to yourself. You are amazing. You are good enough. You are worth it.”
- “Remember you have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise L Hay
- “Don’t just be good to others. Be good to yourself too.”
- “Be kind to yourself, you are doing the best you can.”
- “Love yourself as much as you want to be love.”
- “How you treat yourself is how you are inviting the world to treat you.”
- “Be careful how you are talking to yourself because you are listening.” – Lisa M. Hayes
- “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.”
- “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Talk to yourself like someone you love,” is one of my favorite be kind to yourself quotes. You wouldn’t tell someone you love how disappointed you are in them on a daily basis would you? Of course not. So don’t talk to yourself that way. Talk to yourself with kindness, love, and self-acceptance.
- “Remember, you survived 100% of your worst days.”
- “Never apologize for being yourself.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Spend a little more time trying to make something of yourself and a little less time trying to impress people.”
- “Forgive yourself for not having the foresight to know what now seems so obvious in hindsight.” – Judy Belmont
- “I’m not perfect, but I’m pretty good.”
- “I’m better than I used to be. Better than I was yesterday. But hopefully not as good as I’ll be tomorrow.” – Marianne Williamson
- “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Be kind to yourself so that you can be happy enough to be kind to the world.” – Misha Collins
- “It’s okay if all you did today was survive.”
- “What we say to ourselves in the privacy of our own minds matters.” – Marie Forleo
How powerful is this be kind to yourself quote: “It’s okay if all you did was survive today”? We have to stop beating ourselves up if we don’t accomplish everything we set out to do. Sometimes surviving the day is enough. Do you know anyone who could use these be kind to yourself quotes? If so, share some with them.
- “Allow yourself to be imperfect.”
- “You are stronger than you think.”
- “Be nice to yourself. It’s hard to be happy when someone is always mean to you all the time.” – Christine Arylo
- “Life is too short to spend it at war with yourself.”
- “Sometimes you have to forget what you want to remember what you deserve.”
- “Don’t be afraid of being different, be afraid of being the same as everyone else.”
- “Give yourself permission to be kind to yourself.”
- “Be kind to others, so that you may learn the secret art of being kind to yourself.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “If you can’t say anything nice about yourself, practice.”
- “Learn to accept who you are and realize that your uniqueness adds value to this world.”
It’s hard for some to be kind to themselves because they feel they don’t deserve it. They do not give themselves permission. If you feel this way, then work to realize you do deserve it. It’s okay to be nice to yourself.
- “Always find time for things that make you happy.”
- “Just in case you forgot, you are loved, you matter, you are worthy.”
- “Be true to yourself, be kind to yourself, read and learn about everything that interests you, and keep away from people who bring you down.” – Dr. Steve Maraboli
- “People will come and go in life, but the person in the mirror will be there forever. So be good to yourself.”
- “No, you are not perfect, and that’s exactly how it should be.”
- “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. Accept yourself.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Loving yourself starts with liking yourself, which starts with respecting yourself, which starts with thinking of yourself in positive ways.” – Jerry Corsten
- “Stop hating yourself for everything you aren’t and start loving yourself for everything you already are.”
- “Negative self-talk costs more than even the richest person can afford. So be nice to yourself whenever possible and know that it is always possible.” – Dough Pedersen
- “Give yourself credit for how far you’ve come.”
You may not be where you want to be right now but you’ve come along way. “Give yourself credit for how far you’ve come,” is also one of my favorite be kind to yourself quotes. This is because it reminds me that I had the strength and determination to get through some pretty rough patches. If you had the strength to overcome before, you have the strength to overcome now.
- “We are born to be ourselves, not to be perfect.”
- “Be kind to yourself, it’s the best medicine to heal and grow.” – Aziz Farheen
- “I may not be there yet, but I’m closer than I was yesterday.”
- “Be yourself. Everyone else is taken.” – Oscar Wilde
- “The first rule of kindness is to be kind to yourself.”
- “Be healthy and take care of yourself, but be happy with the beautiful things that make you, you.”
- “Love yourself first and everything falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
- “No matter how bad you think of yourself, there is always something that you can be proud of.”
- “It’s not about being good at something. It’s about being good to yourself.”
- “Being kind to yourself in thoughts, words, and actions is as important as being kind to others.”
Start being kind to yourself. Use these quotes for inspiration to treat yourself with kindness and love.
Which one of these be kind to yourself quotes resonate with you the most? Let us know in the comments below.