Last Updated on April 2, 2022.
Wise words have a way of putting things into perspective. This is why I rely on quotes to inspire me and keep me motivated, especially when I’m in a funk. Quotes can ease the pain of all kinds of issues and struggles including stress and worry. If you are plagued with apprehension and unease then try to find some comfort in these overcoming anxiety quotes.
Ease Stress and Worry with these Quotes For Overcoming Anxiety
- “Anxiety serves no purpose other than stealing today’s joy.”
- “Worrying doesn’t empty tomorrow of its sorrows; it empties today of its strengths.” – Corrie Boom
- “Anxiety is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesn’t get you very far.” – Jodi Picoult
- “Anxiety is experiencing failure and defeat in advance. Don’t waste your time.”
- “Don’t believe every worried thought you have. Worried thoughts are notoriously inaccurate.” – Renee Jain
- “No amount of regret can change the past. No amount of anxiety can change the future.”
- “Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “Stop trying to calm the storm. Calm yourself. The storm will pass.”
- “You must learn to let go. Release the stress. You were never in control anyway.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Your anxiety is lying to you. You are loved and you are going to be okay.”
Anxiety serves no real purpose. All it does is steal our joy and energy. I like the quote from Jodi Picoult which compares anxiety with a rocking chair. It just gives you something to do but it really doesn’t get you far. When you having a lot of anxiety, just ask yourself, “what purpose is this serving me right now?” Hopefully, that will put things into perspective. Which one of these overcoming anxiety quotes resonates with you so far? Let us know in the comments.
- “Anxiety is the fear of more fear.”
- “When you’re feeling anxious remember that you’re still you. You are not your anxiety.” – Deanne Repich
- “The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.”
- “Stress does more than make you sick it destroys your peace, hope, and dreams.” – Elle Sommer
- “Most things we worry about never happen.”
- “You cannot always control what goes on outside, but you can always control what goes on inside.” – Wayne Dyer
- “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” – Amit Ray
- “Smile, breathe, and go slowly.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Don’t be pushed by your problems, be led by your dreams.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “What else does anxiety about the future bring you but sorrow upon sorrow.” – Thomas Kempis
One thing about our anxiety that is important to remember is that what we worry about almost never happens. Let overcoming anxiety quotes such as these help you remember this fact. The next time you feel anxiety, ask yourself, “how likely is this going to happen?”
If overthinking adds to your anxiety, the following video may help:
- “If it won’t matter in a year from now, or even a month, it shouldn’t matter now.”
- “There is nothing in this world that can trouble you as much as your own thoughts.”
- “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” – Maya Angelou
- “You can do anything, but not everything.”
- “It’s not the stress that kills us, it’s our reaction to it.”
- “Note to self: Everything is going to be okay.”
- “If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you’ll die a lot of times.” – Dean Smith
- “You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don’t worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.” – Walter Hagen
- “Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.” – Mitch Albom
- “Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace.”
I really love the quote, “you can do anything but not everything” quote. You can reduce stress, anxiety, and worry just by realizing you can’t do it all, and that’s perfectly okay. Just do what you can do and work to stop worrying about the rest.
- “Your mind will believe everything you tell it. Feed it love, truth, faith, and hope.”
- “Remember, you survived 100% of your worst days.”
- “The day you stop worrying will be the first day of your new life; anxiety takes you in circles, trust in yourself and become free.” – Leon Brown
- “Worry is a down payment on a problem you may never have.”
- “Stop overthinking. If it’s not meant to be, it’s not meant to be.”
- “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.”
- “Close your eyes. Clear your heart. Let it go.”
- “Worrying is like walking around with an umbrella waiting for it to rain.”
- “Fear and anxiety many times indicates that we are moving in a positive direction, out of the same confines of our comfort zone, and in the direction of our true purpose.” – Charles Glassman
- “You don’t have to control your thoughts, you just have to stop letting them control you.”
- “There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.” – Epictetus
- “Anxiety is nothing but repeatedly experiencing failure in advance. What a waste.” – Seth Godin
- “Trust yourself. You’ve survived a lot, and you’ll survive whatever is coming.” – Robert Tew
- “Rule number one is don’t sweat the small stuff. Rule number two, it’s all small stuff.” – Robert Eliot
Sometimes you just have to close your eyes, breathe, and let it go. Otherwise, anxiety will always get the best of you. Remember, you don’t have to control what you think but you can work to stop letting what you think control you.
Anxiety is something that we all experience and will not ever completely go away. The key is to manage it the best we can. Relying on quotes and inspirational words is a great way to do this. Use these overcoming anxiety quotes to help when stress and worry are starting to get the best of you.
Which quote for overcoming anxiety resonates with you the most? Let us know in the comments below.