We all have moments in our life when we do not feel our best. After mistakes, around people we think are better than us, in relationships, these feelings can hit us anywhere and at any time. One of the ways to feel better about who we are is to use positive words and sayings to inspire us and lift us up. Below you will find 100 not feeling good enough quotes when you need a little help feeling better about who you are and when you need a reminder of how valuable you are.
The quotes below or organized into categories: Not feeling good enough: In Relationships, Career, After Mistakes, Comparing Yourself, Positive Things To Say To Yourself, In School, and Just Not Enough.
Not Feeling Good Enough Quotes In Relationships
Relationships are a two-way street but unfortunately, some aren’t. Whether you are in a toxic situation or dealing with self-worth issues, it can feel like no matter what you do, it’s not enough. Whatever your situation, the not feeling good enough quotes below will help you remember that you are valuable and perhaps even overqualified for the relationship you are in.
- You don’t need someone to complete you. You only need someone to accept you completely.
- Be yourself and be loved for who you are. Not for who someone else wants you to be.
- You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. – Barbara De Angelis
- Fall in love with yourself, with life, and then with whoever you want. – Frida Kahlo
- Sweetheart, the right guy will make you a priority. If you find yourself feeling like you are not good enough, it’s because he’s not good enough. – Steve Maraboli
- You can’t be good enough for everybody, but you will always be the best for the one who deserves you.
- Perhaps when you thought you weren’t good enough the truth was that you were overqualified.
- Over time you start noticing that some people just aren’t worth it anymore.
- You have to know that you are good enough and worth it. Once you master belief in yourself no one can steal that love from you.
- Rejection doesn’t mean you aren’t good enough; it means the other person failed to notice what you have to offer.
- You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection. – Buddha
- It is possible to be in love with you just because of who you are. – Maggie Stiefvater
- Love yourself so much that when someone treats you wrong, you recognize it. – Rene Rose
- You don’t have to earn or deserve love. You are love. Loving is never about how others treat you. It is always about how you are treating yourself.
- Love isn’t something you have to deserve. – Jennifer Echols
Not Feeling Good Enough In Your Career Quotes
In this fast-paced world, it’s easy to feel like you are behind in your job skills. If you do, then you can easily learn and improve. Do not let your inner critic or others devalue or minimize your contributions and capabilities at work or as you chase your dreams. You are perfectly capable of handling the job and can rise to any challenge. The not feeling good enough quotes below will help you deal with self-doubt and a toxic workplace.
- You can only do your best. Andi if they can’t appreciate that, it’s their problem, not yours.
- If you truly believe in yourself and your skills, most times, it’s enough. – Daniel Cormier
- Focus on what you bring to the table, not what everyone else is bringing. – Shane Walker
- Follow your dreams, believe in yourself, and don’t give up. – Rechel Corrie
- If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning. – Gandhi
- Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers, you cannot be successful or happy. – Norman Vincent Peale
- When a flower doesn’t bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower. – Alexander Heijer
- Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.
- There will always be someone who can’t see your worth. Don’t let it be you.
- If you never try, you’ll never know what you are capable of. – John Barrow
- Go all in and bet on yourself.
- The only real limitation on your abilities is the level of your desires.
- Talent you have naturally. Skill is only developed by hours and hours and hours of beating on your craft. – Will Smith (more Will Smith Quotes here)
- Believe in yourself, your abilities, and your own potential. Never let self-doubt hold you captive. You are worthy of all that you dream of and hope for.
- Learn to walk away from those that do not value your worth or recognize your potential. – Shane Walker
Making Mistakes and Feeling Less Than Quotes
No one is immune to mistakes. We all make them. The only difference is how or if we move forward. We can learn from our mistakes, or continue to let them make us feel inadequate. The following not feeling good enough quotes will help you move forward and shed feelings of inadequacy.
- Relax. Don’t be so hard on yourself. You are living and learning. Forgive yourself and grow from the experience.
- The most valuable thing you can make is a mistake. You can’t learn anything from being perfect.
- The greatest mistake a man can ever make is to be afraid of making one. – Elbert Hubbard
- The ultimate act of forgiveness is when you are able to forgive yourself for all of the hurts that you created in your own life.
- Forgive your past, forgive yourself and begin again.
- If you want to create a new tomorrow you have to stop beating yourself up for yesterday.
- Stop beating yourself up for what you didn’t do right in the past, without those mistakes you wouldn’t know how to move forward now.
- Quit beating yourself up, beat your goals up instead.
- Just because you made a mistake doesn’t mean you are a mistake.
- You cannot go back in time and fix your mistakes, but you can learn from them and forgive yourself for not knowing better.
- Tomorrow will be a brighter day and a brighter you. – Shane Walker
- It’s okay to make mistakes, to have bad days, to be less than perfect, to do what’s best for you, and to be yourself.
- Remember that life’s greatest lessons are usually learned at the worst times and from the worst mistakes.
- You make mistakes. Mistakes don’t make you. – Maxwell Maltz
- You are more than the choices that you’ve made. You are more than the sum of your past mistakes. You are more than the problems you create.
Comparison Trap Quotes
This is a trap we all fall into. It’s natural to compare yourself to others. Although comparing can motivate you, too much of it can make you feel like you are not good enough. Here are some quotes to help you escape the comparison trap.
- Your path is your path. Don’t compare it to others. Everyone’s timeline, obstacles, and triumphs are different. – Jon Gordon
- Be yourself. An original is worth more than a copy. – Suzy Kassem
- Our time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.
- Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do. – Brene Brown
- Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself. – Coco Chanel
- Everyone’s journey is different. Don’t compare your path to anyone elses.
- A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it, it just blooms. – Zen Shin
- Don’t compare your life with others. There is no comparison between the sun and the moon. They shine when it’s their time.
- The only person you should try to be better than is who you were yesterday.
- Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world. If you do so, you are insulting yourself.
- Everything in life is easier when you don’t concern yourself with what everybody else is doing.
- When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everybody will respect you. – Lao Tzu
- Don’t compare your results to someone else’s. You can never be another person, you can only be a better version of yourself. Never give up on what you love to do the most.
- You don’t have to do what everyone else is doing. – Oprah Winfrey
- Personality begins where comparison leaves off. Be unique. Be memorable. Be confident. Be proud.
Positive Things To Say To Yourself Quotes When Not Feeling Good Enough
When you struggle with your self-worth, it’s easy to say negative things about yourself. You should avoid negative self-talk and instead adopt a more positive approach. I always say, treat yourself like your own best friend. If you wouldn’t talk down to a good friend, do not do it to yourself. Here are some not feeling good enough quotes to help you with being more kind to yourself.
- Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love. – Brene Brown
- What you tell yourself every day will either lift you up or tear you down.
- Words matter. And the words that matter most are the ones you say to yourself. – David Klaus
- Be mindful of your self-talk. It’s a conversation with the universe. – David James
- The way you talk to yourself creates your reality.
- Your greatest responsibility is to love yourself and to know you are enough.
- Make sure your worst enemy is not living between your own two ears.
- Change your thoughts and you will change your world.
- Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.
- Our attitude towards life determines life’s attitude towards us.”
- Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will. – Zig Ziglar
- The only difference between a good day and a bad day is your attitude.
- We become what we think about.
- The positivity in our life is a function of our thinking. So think positive, stay positive.
- Positivity always wins. Always. – Gary V
Here are some bonus affirmations when you aren’t feeling good enough. Choose one or two that resonate with you and repeat them throughout the day. Click here for more positive self-talk examples.
- “I am striving for progress, not perfection.”
- “I choose to stop apologizing for being me.”
- “I have faith in my skills and abilities.”
- “Every day I feel better about myself.”
- “I recognize my imperfections and accept them fully.”
Not Feeling Good Enough In School
Subjects won’t always come easy. It’s natural to struggle. Instead of feeling frustrated and inadequate, look at it as a challenge. Develop a growth mindset which is the attitude that you are capable of learning and improving. Find inspiration in the following not feeling good enough quotes when it comes to learning and school.
- Take the attitude of a student, never be too big to ask questions, and never know too much to learn something new.
- Everything is hard before it’s easy. – Johann W.
- It is hard to fail but it is worse never to have tried to succeed. – Theodore Roosevelt
- Unless you’re willing to have a go, fail miserably, and have another go, success won’t happen. – Phillip Adams
- If we only did things that were easy, we wouldn’t actually be learning anything. We’d just be practicing things we already knew. – David Dockterman
- It always seems impossible until it’s done. – Nelson Mandella
- It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop. – Confucius
- Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance. – Samuel Johnson
- Life is about taking chances, trying new things, having fun, making mistakes and learning from it.
- Be willing to be a beginner every single morning. – Eckhart
Just Not Enough Quotes
The following Not Feeling Good Enough quotes focus on the feelings and thoughts we have when we do feel down about ourselves. They aren’t meant to lift you up, but to validate the way you feel. It’s okay to feel down and not enough but we just can’t dwell on them.
- I could be perfect and it still wouldn’t be good enough.
- It sucks, doesn’t it? Feeling like you’re not good enough.
- I felt so much, that I started to feel nothing.
- Nothing will knock you down quicker than offering the best of yourself to someone and it still not being good enough.
- Today my forest is dark. The trees are sad and all the butterflies have broken wings.
- I wanted to be all things you loved. yet sadly I am plagued with flaws haunted by the thought that I never met up to your standards.
- Stupid me, thinking I was good enough.
- I try to keep everyone happy, but sometimes that means not being happy myself.
- One of those days where I’ve had beyond enough. Fed up with being unappreciated.
- Some people will never appreciate what you do for them.
- I could be perfect and it still wouldn’t be good enough.
- That horrible feeling that you’re not good enough no matter how hard you try.
- I’m sick of feeling not good enough.
- I guess I’m just not good enough for anyone. I can’t make anyone stay. I’m not even good enough for an explanation.
- I’m sorry I was not good enough. But I tried to be.
There will always be times when we ask ourselves, “Am I good enough?” Realize that yes, you are. Use these not feeling good enough quotes when you need a reminder of that.
Which of these quotes stands out to you the most? Let me know in the comments below.